Fox News (via Tim Gaughan) is reporting there is some sort of hostage situation, or bomb threat at the Hillary Clinton for President campaign offices in New Hampshire. There are reports that an “armed man” entered the building some time ago.

Developing… as I receive new details – I will report them here.

— Media Lizzy

UPDATED: PER FOX NEWS AND ASSOCIATED PRESS

Hostage Taker at Clinton Campaign Office in New Hampshire Surrenders to Police

A man claiming to have an explosive device strapped to his body who took
several hostages at the New Hampshire campaign office of Sen. Hillary Clinton
surrendered to police Friday evening, FOX News has learned.

The siege appeared to have been resolved peacefully, and police took
the man into custody about 6:15 p.m. EST Friday. The people he held captive were
released unharmed one by one throughout the afternoon and evening.

Authorities said Friday that the suspect was Leeland Eisenberg, who has a
number of aliases.
A woman earlier told FOX News that the man’s name was Troy
Stanley and he was a paranoid schizophrenic who wasn’t taking his medication. It
was unclear whether Stanley and Eisenberg were one and the same, and police
wouldn’t confirm whether Stanley was the assailant, or an alias used by
him.

“I’m not going to confirm any names,” said Callaghan. “We’ve interviewed a
lot of people. I’ll just leave it at that.”

The suspect has been described as in his 40s with salt-and-pepper hair,
according to Foster’s Daily Democrat, a local newspaper. Eisenberg has a history
of mental illness and reportedly told his stepson to watch the news on Friday,
the paper reported.

Stanley’s ex-wife said she had been married to him for 20 years and he
experiences delusions that there is a chip implanted in his head.

The man released two hostages he was holding earlier Friday afternoon at
Clinton’s Rochester, N.H., campaign office, law enforcement officials told FOX
News.

A woman believed to be a third hostage emerged about 5:30 p.m. and another
woman thought to be a fourth hostage was freed about 6:15 p.m.

Those who were let go earlier Friday — believed to be staffers — included a
woman with a child.
There were no reported injuries, Rochester Police Capt.
Paul Callaghan said at a news conference.

Callaghan characterized the incident earlier Friday as a “hostage
situation” that was under control, but said the investigation was
ongoing.

“The situation is still fluid,” Callaghan told reporters. “I want our
residents to know that the area is stabilized and we’re very confident we have
the resources available to handle this situation effectively and safely. … We
have a secure perimeter of about four to five blocks.”
He declined to offer
any more specifics about the case, the suspect or the hostages.

“It’s inappropriate to do that right now,” he said.

The drama began to unfold just after 1 p.m. Friday when local news reported
that a man walked into the campaign office saying he wanted to speak with
Clinton, a federal source told FOX News.

Clinton was not in New Hampshire at the time.

The man entered the office, ordered people onto the floor and then let a
mother and her baby leave, said State Police Maj. Michael Hambrook. The two
hostages he kept were volunteers, said Bill Shaheen, a top state campaign
official.

Witnesses reported that the assailant had flares, not a bomb, strapped to
his body. Federal law enforcement officials monitoring the situation from
Washington confirmed to FOX that the suspect had flares in his possession that
were purchased earlier at a local hardware store.

Three agents and a supervisor with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and
Firearms arrived in Rochester Friday afternoon and were assessing the situation,
a federal source told FOX News. One of the agents was assisting New Hampshire
state officials in negotiating with the suspect, according to the
source.

The FBI and the Secret Service, as well as multiple local police forces and
agencies, were also on hand to assist in the investigation, Callaghan
said.

Police and SWAT teams were using loudspeakers to communicate with the man,
and there were reports that police tried to arrange for a cell phone to be given
to him.

“There is an ongoing situation in our Rochester, N.H., office. We are in
close contact with state and local authorities and are acting at their
direction. We will release additional details as appropriate,” the Clinton
campaign said in a release issued at about 2:45 p.m. EDT.

Clinton canceled a scheduled speech Friday afternoon at the Democratic
National Committee fall meeting in Northern Virginia, party chair Howard Dean
announced.

Clinton was said to be monitoring the situation from her Washington, D.C.,
home. Husband Bill Clinton has a scheduled event in Newton, Iowa, where he was
campaigning for his wife.

Sharpshooters were positioned near the building, and at least one tactical
bomb-squad unit was also on the scene. A nearby school was in
lockdown.

Other nearby presidential campaign offices have been evacuated, including
those for Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and John Edwards, as well as several area
businesses, according to news reports.

Witness Lettie Tzizik said she spoke to a woman shortly after she was
released from the office by the suspect, according to WMUR in Manchester, N.H.
The woman was carrying an infant and crying.

“She said, ‘You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton
office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct
tape,'” Tzizik said.

The small Clinton office is located in the New England community’s downtown
area in a strip of several storefronts, and has large glass windows with a
campaign sign out front.
The incident is not a first for a presidential
campaign, though such occurrences are extremely rare.

In March 1980, intruders claiming to be with the Puerto Rican separatist
organization Armed Forces of National Liberation (Fuerzas Armadas de Liberacion
Nacional, or FALN) stormed the campaign offices of Jimmy Carter in Chicago and
George H.W. Bush in New York.

They bound and gagged campaign workers in both offices, but left without
injuring anyone after spray-painting nationalist slogans on the walls.

There have also been several non-fatal explosions at the campaign offices
of other politicians, none of whom were running for president.
In June 2003,
a pipe bomb filled with roofing nails exploded outside Calif. Rep. Loretta

Sanchez’s campaign office in Santa Ana, Calif. Garden Grove resident Hai
Duc Le, who was severely scarred in the incident, was sentenced to 21 months in
prison for the blast. No one else was hurt, and authorities said at the time
that the congresswoman was not a target.

In 1998, a soda-bottle bomb blew up outside Jesse Ventura’s gubernatorial
campaign office in Minneapolis. Again police said they didn’t think the bombings
were politically motivated, and no one was hurt.

And in 1994, then-Wisconsin Gov. Tommy Thompson’s campaign office was also
struck by a pipe bomb, but no one was wounded.

FOX News’ Carl Cameron, Ian McCaleb, Catherine Donaldson-Evans,
Catherine Herridge, Major Garrett and Judson Berger as well as The Associated
Press contributed to this report.