Good morning all,
Thanks to my friends at Public Opinion Strategies, I received an interesting blurb that really does give me confidance that this race and political cycle is wide open. When I think “what else could happen in a month”, let’s look back at what happened in the LAST month…
- Obama accepted the Demo nomination in front of a crowed of 80,000 at Invesco Field
- McCain names Sarah Palin as his running mate for the Rep nomination
- Hurricanes Gustav and Ike ravage the Gulf
- U.S. unemployment climes to its highest level in seven years
- Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac placed under FHFA conservatorship
- Lehman bankrupt, Merrill bought, AIG collapses, JP Morgan acquires WaMu, Wachovia goes bust
- President Bush calls for $700 billion bailout
- Ted Stevens is the first US Senator to go on trial since 1981
- McCain & Obama engage in first presidential debate
- “Bailout” legislation fails to pass in the House, causing the largest-ever point drop in the Dow.
Yeah…so what ELSE can happen??? Yikes!!!